Click Here for a Downloadable and Printable
25 Point Travel Safety Checklist (PDF)
Here are the same tips in text format
Before you go:
- Only book through a legitimate agency or website, as there are many travel scams out there. Read the fine print before signing.
- Pay for your travel arrangements with a credit card – it gives you some control in disputing charges.
- Stop your mail before leaving so that data thieves aren’t opening your financial mail for you.
- Turn on automatic account alerts on your credit card to easily monitor all transaction (via smartphone) without having to look at statements.
- Turn on remote tracking and wiping software on your phone so that if it is lost, you can locate and/or wipe the data off from anywhere.
- Make sure that your laptop computer has long, strong, alpha-numeric password encryption (BitLocker for Windows, FileVault for Mac).